It's time. I feel different, a new kind of readiness that I haven't felt before. I want to figure this out. I am tired of being so overweight, of being defined by my outward appearance and not living life fully because I am just too damn fat. I want to get on an airplane and not worry if I will be asked to leave the plane. I want to be able to go to family events and not worry if the chairs will accommodate my girth or if I will embarrass my loved ones because of my size. I want to chase after grandchildren someday.
So the time is right. I have changed careers. I am living a stress free life. I have no other priority projects to divert my attention and effort. If not now, when?
My goal is simple (and yet so complex)....learn how to eat in a healthy sustainable way. I want to understand what I need to do and how to do it from the inside out. I don't want Weight Watchers to tell me how many points to eat. I don't want to log every morsel I eat each day and constantly focus on food. I want to learn how to listen to the innate wisdom of my body and eat to stay healthy. I hope my poor, abused body has not given up on me yet.
I am also at a very good point because I am surrounded at work by folks who are willing to support and guide me. Cathy has agreed to mentor me and she has already given me much to think about and to try for myself. I will use this journal as I try new things and collect new information as my "data base" of learning. Let's see if I can put some of the missing puzzle pieces together and finally let go of the weight and bring out the real me.
No comments:
Post a Comment